Queer Climbing Retreat 2021 Details and Registration
- Dinner on August 6. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner August 7th. Breakfast and lunch August 8th.
- All meals will be individually prepacked to maintain COVID safety
- Camping and accommodations at Barn Door Hostel.
- Climbing set up gear (personal gear is available for rental)
- Transportation to and from camping or the crag each day
- Breakfast and lunch on the 6th. Dinner on the 8th.
- Camping gear
- Personal climbing gear (available for rental $15/person which includes all three days)
- Climbing experience is not necessary, though may be helpful given the schedule of climbing multiple days in a row.
- Ability to hike up to 1 mile with up to 25lbs on uneven terrain.
- A sense of adventure!
- August 6th – 8th in Rumney, NH.
- How Much Climbing?
- Plan to be at the crag for about 5 hours the first day, 8 hours the second, and 5 hours the third day. There will be plenty of space to move at your own pace!
- How is food handled?
- Certain meals are included in your tuition cost (see “what’s included tab”). We try to work with local chefs and caterers to support local business. All meals will be prepared and individually packaged to maintain COVID safety. Meals can be warmed and enjoyed at the campsite or taken to enjoy at the crag. Specifics on the meals and a menu will be provided about 3 weeks before the trip date.
- What if everyone in the group has different experience levels?
- Newer Climbers: We will focus on getting you up and running on important skills like belaying, understanding movement, and learning about what movement feels like over rock and at heights.
- Intermediate Climbers: We’ll be sure to get folks with some experience on challenging routes, trying new ways to move over rock, and exploring some new mental freedom!
- Advanced Climbers: For folks who feel comfortable outdoors, we will seek out challenging projects and moves to push your limits and work through effective projecting and advanced movement skills.
- Tuition is $400 and includes: certain meals, camping accommodation, permits, instruction, guiding gear.
- Scholarships are available. If you would like more information, please indicate you’d like to “learn more” on the drop down menu at registration.
We can’t wait to climb with you! Please complete the form below to reserve your space.
A confirmation email will be sent with a climber’s questionnaire and information on how to make your deposit and payment shortly.